Explore the lengths we go to at Tucker Paving to ensure safety on the job.
Safety is no accident. It’s a concept we take seriously at Tucker Paving, Inc. Safety has always been a focus at Tucker Paving since our inception in 1994, but we really upped the ante in 2008 with a safety program that incorporates the entire Tucker Paving team.
We use an array of safety trainings, certifications, and more, and our safety program focuses on the employee at the center of the program. Explore Tucker Paving’s emphasis on safety, and see why it’s beneficial for our employees, our company, and our customers.
Tucker Paving’s Safety Program
It all started in 2008 when the construction industry was experiencing a downturn. Owner Larry “Chip” Tucker realized potential customers were very interested in a construction company’s safety record when considering bids. Safety was always a priority, but Tucker’s realization presented an opportunity for both Tucker Paving and its employees.
Terrell Tucker joined the team as safety director and helped create a company-wide safety program that would benefit everyone from the employee to the client.
Tenets of our safety program include:
- A Zero-Incident Safety Goal. Having a daily goal of zero injury instances makes safety a priority for everyone, from long-term employees to temporary workers.
- Following OSHA-Based Safety Standards and Beyond. Personal protective equipment (PPE) such as hard hats, safety glasses, steel-toe boots, and more are always a requirement, as are other safety measures that keep team members as safe as possible.
- Weekly Safety Meetings. These meetings—in both English and Spanish—ensure that everyone is on the same page and keeps the emphasis on the forefront.
- Mandatory Safety Classes. Every employee with Tucker Paving undergoes safety training, and we utilize things like pre-task safety worksheets to continue the emphasis.
- A Return-to-Work Program. If an employee does get injured, Tucker Paving offers the benefit of a guaranteed paycheck while the employee gets better and a job when they are cleared to return to work. This includes offering light-duty options to help aid the healing process.
Tucker Paving, safety is no accident, and we’ll continue to do what’s right for our employees and clients. Contact us online or call 863-299-2262 for assistance with your next construction project.