Florida is well-known as a theme-park destination the world over, and we’re proud to say the Tucker Paving team has had a hand in a number of theme park construction projects over the nearly three decades that we’ve been in the Central Florida construction industry. We have worked on some amazing projects! It’s especially satisfying work knowing that Florida residents and tourists from all over the globe will enjoy these attractions for years to come, and that our work will continue to contribute to the Central Florida economy. Explore some of the projects Tucker Paving has been a part of in the theme parks near you!
Tucker Paving Theme Park Projects
Tucker Paving has been honored to be a part of numerous projects involving theme parks in Central Florida! These include:
- LEGOLAND. Tucker Paving was a part of the LEGOLAND project when the former Cypress Gardens attraction was being turned into the new Lego-based attraction in Winter Haven, which opened in 2011. Tucker Paving completed site clearing, demolitions, excavation, putting in underground piping, asphalt paving, and building stormwater, sewer, and fire-line utility systems. The team also returned in 2014 to build more parking for theme park employees. Tucker Paving was responsible for the total site development of stormwater utilities, constructing parking spaces out of pervious asphalt for good drainage, and putting in asphalt drives and concrete curbing and sidewalks.
Tucker Paving also was part of the construction project for LEGOLAND Utopia Hotel, and we were awarded an Eagle Award by the Associated Builders and Contractors of Central Florida (CFC ABC) during their Excellence in Construction Awards in 2015 for this project.
- Universal Studios. Tucker Paving was awarded a second Eagle Award in 2015 by CFC ABC for our work on Universal Studio’s Universal Wizarding World of Harry Potter, specifically the Diagon Alley attraction. Similarly, we also worked on the Volcano Bay water park as a site contractor for two and a half years doing Excavation, completing Sitework, installing Underground Utilities, and building a Roadway, and as part of the Fast & Furious attraction project, winning Eagle awards for each in 2018.
- Disney Springs. Tucker Paving was a part of the significant reconstruction of Disney Springs at Lake Buena Vista! We were also honored with another prestigious Eagle award for this work in 2017.
- EPCOT. Tucker Paving was part of the construction project for ‘Soarin’ Around the World’ at Disney’s EPCOT. We were also thrilled to be awarded an Eagle Excellence in Construction award by the CFC ABC in 2017 for this attraction.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. The Tucker Paving team contributed to the construction of the ‘Pandora-World of Avatar’ attraction, and we were again honored to receive an Eagle award from the CFC ABC in 2017 during their Excellence in Construction Awards.
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. Tucker Paving provided Earthworks services spanning two and a half years for the Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. We were honored with another Excellence in Construction Eagle Award in 2020.
Tucker Paving has enjoyed over 25 years in the asphalt and concrete paving industry, and we look forward to continuing to partnering up with Central Florida’s theme parks to build new attractions in the years to come. Call us at (863) 299-2262, or contact us online, for your next project!