It is the digital age, and industries across the board are reaping the benefits. The construction industry is utilizing an array of digital technologies to overcome obstacles, manage daily operations, oversee worksites, and more. Explore the numerous ways the construction industry is realizing its digital future.
Construction and a Digital Future
Recent events have definitely played a role in giving the construction industry a little push towards digital technology, namely the Covid-19 pandemic. The ways the construction industry is stepping into the digital age include:
- Fixing the Supply Chain. While there were definite issues with the supply chain pre-pandemic, those issues were exacerbated tenfold when industries and whole countries shut down. While things have improved, many in the construction industry are utilizing supply chain management software to mitigate product shortages, gain insight into processes within the supply chain, track materials, and to better manage the problem.
- Finding New, Sustainable Construction Materials. Consumers like the idea of having a home, workspace, or other space that is both digitally advanced and made with eco-friendly, responsibly sourced materials. The construction industry will continue to see developments into buildings and construction materials that are ethically sourced, sustainable, environmentally friendly, and more energy efficient than ever before.
- The Rise of the Robots. Construction has long faced labor shortages, especially skilled labor. Robotics are being developed to complete repetitive, menial tasks, leaving human workers more time to take on those tasks that require more skill.
- Digital Monitoring with Telematics. This technology allows construction companies to keep track of vehicles, machinery, and even tools to have everything where it is needed, to lower theft, and to manage their fleets.
- Advancing Analytics. An array of technology is being developed that allows the facets of a construction worksite to be analyzed as data, including sensors, drones, apps, and more. These analytics can be utilized for numerous benefits, such as improving productivity and increasing worker safety.
- Communication and Collaboration. Keeping everyone on the same page is paramount during a construction project. Digital technologies are creating new and innovative ways for everyone involved in a construction project—clients, managers, foremen, workers, and more—to communicate and collaborate better than ever before.
Tucker Paving has more than 25 years of experience in the asphalt and concrete paving construction industry, and we’ve seen a lot of changes in the construction industry in that span, and we look forward to what’s to come! Contact?us?at?(863) 299-2262, or?contact us online, for help with your next?asphalt or concrete construction project!?