There are many different options to choose from when it comes to paving a new driveway, but make sure you give asphalt a second look. We at Tucker Paving have over 25 years of experience in the paving industry, and we know that asphalt is a great paving option for your driveway.
Benefits of Asphalt Paving for a Driveway
There are multiple reasons why you should use asphalt paving for your driveway.
- It’s a fast installation. All pavement options require a solid base foundation, but after a foundation is established, asphalt is the fastest choice for installation. Asphalt requires two or three days to dry to where you can drive on it, versus the week of drying required by concrete or the 5 to 7 days to install pavers.
- It’s long-lasting. The average lifespan of an asphalt driveway with adequate maintenance—such as sealcoating every three to five years—is about 20 years. However, asphalt can last much longer if it is maintained and issues like cracks or puddles are fixed quickly.
- It’s durable. Asphalt is a flexible material that is able to withstand the elements, high traffic, and more. That makes it much less likely to crack or form potholes under stress than concrete paving.
- It’s environmentally friendly. Asphalt is one of the most recycled materials in the US as old asphalt is easily broken up and used to make new asphalt.
- It’s easy to repair. Asphalt pavement can easily be repaired by filling in cracks and potholes, resurfaced with an overlay, and/or renewed and protected with a sealcoat layer. Essentially, asphalt pavement can be repaired quickly and cost-effectively, making your driveway like new again. Such options are not available with concrete or pavers.
Tucker Paving has over 25 years of experience in the?concrete and asphalt paving?construction?industry, and we offer installation, sealcoating, pavement resurfacing, and asphalt repair and replacement.?Call us at?(863) 299-2262, or?contact us online, for your next project!?