The National Asphalt Paving Association’s (NAPA) Midyear Meeting is slated for July 18-21. It’s an event for contractors, DOT personnel, construction managers, environmental managers, engineers, designers, estimators, business executives, upper management, young professionals, vendors and more. The event will be filled with committee meetings and educational sessions that are focused on promoting and advancing the asphalt pavement industry. See details of the event below.
What to Expect
Keynote sessions and micro-sessions that highlight innovative projects, regulatory updates, and technological advances.
Sessions planned for the NAPA Midyear Meeting include:
- Workzone Safety Micro-Session: WatchForUs: Raising Awareness to Protect Workers
- Environmental Health & Safety Micro-Session: Developing a Silica Respiratory Protection Program for Asphalt Mix Plants
- Asphalt Marketing Micro-Session: Countering Concrete’s Competitive Claims: What’s Working?
- Legislative Micro-Session: What the Emerging Infrastructure Bills in Congress Mean for the Asphalt Pavement Industry
- Pavement Economics: LCCA Micro-Session: Reevaluating Life-Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA)
Sitting in on select committee meetings to learn about the industry and share your input and expertise. Examples of committee meetings at the NAPA Midyear Meeting include:
- Communications Committee meeting
- Political Action Committee Meeting
- Committee for Engineering Application and Practice
- Legislative Committee
Create and strengthen relationships with fellow members and NAPA’s leadership. Networking opportunities at the meeting include:
- Refreshment breaks
- Breakfasts, lunches, and general sessions
- A networking reception
Participants can attend in person or virtually. Save on registration fees by registering before June 30. Those wishing to attend can register here.
At Tucker Paving, we offer?over 25 years of experience?in the?asphalt and concrete paving industry. We put our expertise to good use for residential, commercial, and municipal clients. Contact us today by calling?(863) 299-2262, or?fill out our?contact form?online,?to let us know how we can assist you with your next concrete or asphalt paving project!?
A lot of people taking driving for granted, whether it is driving a personal vehicle to and from work, taking a leisurely joy ride on a day off or using a work vehicle on the job. People will eat, fiddle with the radio, or use their phones for texts or calls while behind the wheel, and this behavior is simply not safe. Driving any vehicle is a potentially dangerous task that requires an individual’s full attention at all times, and this is especially true on any construction site. At Tucker Paving, we are serious about safety.
Distracted Driving Is Just Dangerous
Because construction sites are typically filled with heavy machinery, loud noises and people moving about, precautions need to be taken to ensure everyone’s safety. There is a lot of driving required in construction, too, whether it’s moving people from site to site or transporting materials from one area to another.
What Can You Do?
Take these steps to combat distracted driving on the construction site:
- Put your phone away. Eliminating the temptation to check social media and text messages can help you maintain your focus.
- Stay aware of your surroundings. Just because you aren’t distracted doesn’t mean others aren’t. Stay aware of your surroundings and watch for others who are not paying attention.
- Set aside a time for tasks. If you find that you’re always checking your phone messages to secure childcare or make appointments, set aside a time when you can devote your attention solely to those tasks.
- Stop what you’re doing. If you do happen to get a call or text while driving, pull over to answer.
Tucker Paving is committed to the safety of our workers and the public, and we do everything in our power to prevent accidents, including leaving our phones alone while we are operating any kind of motor vehicle. We strongly encourage all of our fellow construction workers, no matter what their specialty, to do the same.
Count on Tucker Paving for Our Undivided Attention
You know that when you hire Tucker Paving for a job, we are going to give every detail our full attention until the work is done. This ensures the quality of our projects and decreases the incidence of accidence. Demand nothing less from any company you do business with!