Tucker Paving, another father-son business based in Winter Haven, won the Gold Cup of Industry Award for large business.
“This company plays a significant role in the economic development of this area,” said Todd Dantzler Polk County BCC, District 4. “Tucker Paving started out with two employees and borrowed equipment and now has projected 2005 sales of $14 million.”
Tucker Construction, owned by Larry Tucker, is a past Gold Cup winner, but Tucker said this year’s award is almost entirely the result of the work done by his son, Larry “Chip” Tucker Jr.
“I am so proud of him. I couldn’t be more proud of my son,” the father said.
Trends in The Construction Industry
May 12, 2011
ABC Eagle Awards
- 2012 Legoland Florida Outer Park
Infrastructure $1-$5 Million
- 2012 University of South Florida Interdisciplinary
Science Teaching and Research Facility
Educational Facilities – under $500,000
- Legoland Florida Inner Park
- Excellence in Construction
Free Enterprise Award
- 2013 Sea World – Discovery Cove
$500,000 – $1 Million
- 2013 – Haines City Hall and Library
Site work landscape/hardscape
- 2014 Country Line Rd. / Amberjack Blvd. intersection
$500,000 – $1 Million
- 2014 Transformers: The Ride 3D
Hardscape, Entertainment Facilities
- 2014 CSX Intermodal Facility Winter Haven
- 2014 Chapters Health System
$500,000 – $1 Million
- 2005 Gold Cup of Industry Award
TUCKER PAVING PROJECTS EARN THREE PRESTIGIOUS ABC CENTRAL FLORIDA AWARDS
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (Monday, Oct. 9, 2017) — The management of Tucker Paving, Inc., found their company soaring high with success at the conclusion of the 2017 Central Florida Chapter ABC (Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.) Excellence in Construction (EIC) Awards Banquet.
Tucker Paving was the recipient of three highly prestigious ABC Eagle subcontractor awards, adding to a significant number of Eagles the company has won in prior-year competition for top Central Florida construction honors.
The 2017 Central Florida ABC EIC awards were presented during a banquet held the night of Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017, at the Hyatt Regency Orlando.
All of Tucker Paving’s 2017 Eagle awards, accepted by company President Larry D. “Chip” Tucker and team members who were involved with projects, were for projects completed at the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando — Pandora-The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom; the Soarin’ flight-simulator attraction at Epcot; and Disney Springs, the resort’s outdoor shopping, dining and entertainment complex.
“We are beyond proud of what the team has accomplished this year,” said Patrick Braisted, Tucker Paving’s executive vice president. “Through their hard work and the company’s can-do attitude, there is nothing that this team can’t accomplish. I am honored to be a part of it every day.”
The ABC Eagle award is the highest award a subcontractor can receive from the organization, Braisted explained.
“This year we had the honor of winning three Eagles, as well as being a subcontractor on the project-of-the-year winner, Pandora,” he said.
Each year, the Central Florida Chapter ABC) recognizes and celebrates outstanding projects built by its members. Each project entry is evaluated by selected judges who represent a cross-section of the construction industry.
Details of Tucker Paving’s three 2017 Eagle-winning EIC entries are as follows:
- Pandora-The World of Avatar — Contract amount: $1 million to $5 million. Type: Subcontractor. Category: Site Work / Hardscape. Size: 10 acres. Length of scope: Eight months. Scope: Demolition, grading, fireline, water, sanitary, storm, and force main.
- Disney Springs — Contact amount: $5 million to $10 million. Type: Subcontractor. Category: Site Work / Hardscape. Size: 200 acres. Length of scope: 2 1/2 years. Scope: Demolition, grading, fireline, waterline, gravity sanitary, gravity storm, and force main.
- Soarin’ at Epcot — Contract amount: $500,000 to $1 million. Type: Subcontractor. Category
Site Work / Hardscape. Size: 2 acres. Length of scope: 18 months. Scope: Demolition, grading, waterline, fireline, gravity sanitary, gravity storm, and force main.
Twelve Tucker Paving team members and 12 spouses/guests represented the company at the 2017 Central Florida Chapter ABC EIC Awards Banquet.
Tucker Paving is a consistent top Central Florida Chapter ABC award winner. At the 2016 awards banquet, the company won four Eagles — two of them also for projects at the Walt Disney World Resort.